Meditation and Yoga Techniques for Healthcare Workers, Self Care and Empowerment (NCCAP Approved)
We have created a seminar series to introduce healthcare workers to the Eastern Healing techniques of meditation and gentle therapeutic Yoga.
Since 2004, we have been bringing our Yomenco program to seniors in eldercare across the Eastern US (see www.yomenco.com for ABC News Clip). In my work, I have found that the caregivers need my programming as much as the elders they care for.
Caring for populations facing physical and mental decline and the loss of life is a tremendous drain on our energy, puts further strains on our own preexisting health conditions and tests our faith. There is a lot of burn out in our industry and the resulting turnover is not good for the ones we care for.
We have created a program that is about 20-30 minutes in length, perfectly suited for busy healthcare professionals. The program can be broken up into either two 30 minute segments or three 20 min segments so that we can work with all your healthcare staff and you won’t have to worry about losing coverage with your residents, and that can be part of your Continuing Education Offering. The program focuses on gentle breathing, stretching and meditation, which, if implemented at least semimonthly, can have a profound effect on the staff and those in their care.
Yoga is a series of postures and breathing exercises that confirm our gratitude for our body, mind and spirit and free up energy blocks in the body. Meditation is the natural process of withdrawing attention from the outside world, the body and the mind and turning attention inward. Meditation can help reduce anxiety, stress, depression, pain, fatigue, and strengthen the immune system, increasing energy and speeding up healing.
Many find meditation difficult because the mind is like a child being ignored and wants to be the center of attention. It reminds us that without it, we wouldn’t have moved from humble tree dwellers to the most powerful beings on the planet. The mind doesn’t want to let go so easily, it wants us to be ever vigilant. It doesn’t want us to get to know our soul, by fear of losing control.
Guided visualizations are like engaging babysitters, they are effective in helping us to move beyond the chatter of our mind; by keeping the mind occupied with soothing images and sounds as we allow ourselves the space and silence to move to a deeper healing place within.
Eventually, we can learn to meditate without a guided visualization. Before long, the mind is quieted and we can get to know our more expansive unbounded self, beyond time, space and the physical.
From a physiological standpoint, Meditation brings the same benefits as deep sleep. It helps the body replace hormones and improve immune system functioning. It also helps us overcome fear and more readily embrace change that is happening to the ones we care for.
- Modified Sun Salutation: Expressing Gratitude Each day for our Blessings
- Stream Meditation
- All I Have is My Soul Meditation
- Divine Protection and Guidance
- Surrender Meditation
Movement Motivational Therapy
For Yoga Instructors, Tai Chi Instructors, Nurses, Healthcare Administrators, Activity Professionals, Recreation Therapists, Social Workers and Psychologists
Combining Yoga, Tai Chi, Dance, Music, Love, Community and Spirituality to Encourage Movement and Behavioral Change to Improve Health Outcomes
Programming for Rehabilitation, Long Term Care & Independent Living
(Improving Long Term & Subacute Care with Eastern Healing Arts)
- Learn about Yomenco and how it represents a movement toward integration in Western healthcare to partner with certain Eastern and Complimentary preventative health strategies
- Develop tools to promote positive healthy lifestyle changes for your long term and sub acute populations
- Develop an understanding of how Movement Motivation Therapy can be a powerful tool for Activity Directors and Recreation Therapists in achieving health better outcomes with both Medicare and Medicaid populations.
- Learn how Movement Motivation Therapy can improve health outcomes for Strokes, Heart Disease, Alzheimer’s, Balance and mental well being and how these tools can help seniors move beyond the pain associated with physical aging and diminishing senses to create real connections, which benefit the body, mind and spirit.
- Understand Outsourced Love: Increase effectiveness as a compassionate healthcare professional
- Create programming in your facility that evolves culture, builds community, ends isolation and improves the health and well-being of both healthcare professionals and residents/clients
- Enhance emotional intelligence
- Better manage stress and prevent occupational burnout
- Discuss challenges and opportunities presented Â¬â€ by current financial climate and how Movement Motivation Therapy could help to rebrand the Activity Director and Recreational Therapist as the first line of offense in a heal care system now repositioning itself for preventative health.
- Earn hrs qualifying continuing education credit
We are excited to offer this first workshop to all health professional wishing to acquire new skills to improve quality of life and evolve culture. These all-day workshops are limited to 25 people so that each person can receive personal attention. Details are below—We look forward to meeting some of you there!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Activity Directors, Coordinators, Therapists, Assistants
- Recreation Directors, Therapists
- MDS Coordinators
- Social Workers
- Nursing Staff
- Adult Day Care Center Staff
- Assisted Living Staff
- Yoga Instructors and Therapists
- Dance Therapists
- Rehabilitation Therapists